Donations by Stock - Bold Goals Coalition

Donations by Stock

If your securities are held at a brokerage firm: Contact your broker in writing and request a transfer of securities to the United Way account. United Way has accounts at most of the brokerage houses in our area.

Notify United Way Accounts Receivable Department:

Call 205.458.2012 to notify us of the transfer. Also, notify your company’s campaign coordinator so your gift can be included in your company’s campaign results.

If You Hold the Securities:

Assign your stock certificate to United Way of Central Alabama and be sure your signature is guaranteed. Stock certificate should be hand-delivered or sent by certified mail to our main business address to the attention of Accounts Receivable. Also include a letter stating that this is a gift to United Way separate from the certificate.