A little over a year ago, 150 of us gathered at the BJCC for the Design Institute of Bold Goals Education. At that meeting we agreed on our common agenda and common measures of success for our collective impact work in Education, and on the outline of a governance structure that could support the work.
From there we launched our 180 Day Plan, and together we achieved all of the objectives in that plan, including launching three action networks and earning admission to the national StriveTogether Network.
Now, our networks are focusing on specific projects where we can take action together:
- Early Learning Action Network
- Project: Expanding access to 1st Class Pre-K in Central Alabama
- Next Meeting: December 10th at 1:30 at United Way
- Standing Meetings: The second Thursday of every month at 1:30pm.
- 3rd Grade Reading Action Network
- Project: Improving attendance and reducing chronic absences
- Next Meeting: January 13th at 12pm at Oliver Elementary
- Standing Meetings: The first Wednesday of every month (staring in February) at 12pm.
- Post Secondary Retention/Persistence Action Network
- Project: Building a FAFSA completion network
- Next Meeting: December 8th at 1pm at United Way
- Standing Meetings: The second Tuesday of every month at 1pm.
These networks are moving forward because of your continued dedication to this work. Thank you!
Some other quick highlights:
- Dr. Phil Hammonds, Co-chair of Bold Goals Education, recently did an interview with WBHM about Bold Goals and the future of education.
- Bold Goals Education is one of 15 communities in the United States recently selected for the Data Analytics Fellowship through StriveTogether and the Tableau Foundation. The Fellowship will provide training and software to help us analyze and share data with the community.
- Look for more information about our attendance work in the second edition of the Bold Goals Coalition Newsletter, coming in December.
Please remember that you can always see our latest meeting schedules on the Bold Goals website.