In response to the ongoing immediate needs within Central Alabama resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, United Way of Central Alabama (UWCA) is offering the Community Crisis Fund grant opportunity. Proposals will be required to clearly communicate how funding will meet immediate needs of the community and support the ability of organizations to address specific human needs during the crisis.
Grant applicants will be required to complete an application that contains the following sections: (1) Administrative/Contact Information; (2) Grant Detail; (3) Budget Detail; (4) Budget Narrative. Applicants are required to explain how proposed programs/projects will support particularly impacted populations and address community service gaps or disparities.
FUNDING AVAILABLE: Up to $50,000
TERM: One-year grant period from July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022.
GEOGRAPHIC AREA: Applicants must be based, and serve clients, in one of the following Alabama counties: Blount, Chilton, Jefferson, Shelby, St. Clair or Walker.
Applications will be required to indicate one or more of the following areas of immediate need related to the COVID-19 crisis that the project or program will address.
- Basic Needs Assistance
- Supply of, and access to, food
- Utilities, rent and mortgage assistance
- Emergency medical expenses for the uninsured and underinsured
- Prescription drug assistance
- Mental Health Supports
- Crisis intervention supports (hotlines and crisis counseling)
- Social-emotional and/or mental health supports for school-aged children
- Domestic violence intervention
- Child-abuse treatment
- Substance-abuse/overdose treatment
- Education Supports
- Childcare-support assistance
- Academic-acceleration activities
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants interested in pursuing this opportunity should read the full Request for Proposal guidance, preview a sample copy of the full application and apply here: https://www.uwca.org/nonprofit-resources/. Applications will be accepted March 1 to 31, 2021.